Again we (local Boukor&remote Jeroen) pass the radio mic to mic-recordings, with this time quite a lot of short experimental works (mic reverberations, glitch (Richard Devine)), folky (rail road) songs (Henry Grady Terrell, Mississippi Fred McDowell, Mainer Band), blues field recording (Ralph Sheckel) and some beatboxing (Beardyman) & hip-hop (Eric B. & Rakim & Bo Dank).
At the end we also featured several types of microphones: a geophone (recording seismic activity); a hydrophone (recording the recent tsunami in Japan) and a “pyrophone” (recording of burning gas pipes).
Next week a final home recorded episode with long experimental microphone-related pieces.
- Jeff Morris – Tappatappatappa (short mix)
- Richard Devine – Data Transmission Final
- Ross Birdwise – Study for Voice, Space, Microphone and Computer 1
- Henry Grady Terrell – Old John Henry Died On The Mountain
- Ralph Sheckel – Tony Gave a Picnic
- Beardyman – Live in the Underbelly (Edinburgh, 2009) (opening)
- Eric B. & Rakim – Microphone Fiend
- Bo Dank – Microphone Fiend
- Mississippi Fred McDowell – Freight Train Blues
- Mainer Band – Johnson’s Old Gray Mule
- Furi – Seismic crisis in the Gulf of Aden 2010
- NOAA – Underwater Microphone Captures Honshu, Japan Earthquake
- Experiment1 – Gas organ